India's First University in Gujarat to go cashless Now, students at Vishwakarma Government Engineering College (VGEC) need not worry about paying late library submission fees through cash. VGEC is one of the several colleges affiliated to Gujarat Technological University (GTU), which is on its way to become completely cashless.
- Online payment of fees, RTGS for honorarium fees
- Internet kiosks for students for paying smaller amounts such as exam fees
- PoS being set up by banks at canteens, other utilities
- RFID enabled smart cards for students
- Drive to link Aadhaar and bank accounts of students, faculty