Indian Navy - Pay Scale & Promotions 10+2 (B.TECH) CADET ENTRY SCHEME (PERMANENT COMMISSION) Pay Scale & Promotions - The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfilment of requisite service condition. The Pay Scale and promotion criteria is as follows (being revised as per 7th CPC):-
Pay Scale & Promotions - The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfilment of requisite service condition. The Pay Scale and promotion criteria is as follows (being revised as per 7th CPC):-
RANK PAY BANDS/SCALE GRADE PAY MSP
- SUB LIEUTENANT - PB-3/15600-39100 5400 6000
- LIEUTENANT - PB-3/15600-39100 6100 6000
- LIEUTENANT CDR - PB-3/15600-39100 6600 6000
- COMMANDER - PB-4/37400-67000 8000 6000
- Technical Technical Officers - 3000-7250/pm depending on courses qualified
- Instructional All officers posted as instructor - 2700/pm
- Flying Qualified Pilot/Observer - 13500 - 21000/pm
- MARCOs Qualified as MARCOs - 13500 - 21000/pm
- Submarine Qualified Submariner - 13500 - 21000/pm
- Diving Qualified Clearance/Ships Diver - 1200/600/pm
- Sea Going All Naval Officers serving Onboard Ships (Sailing Only)- 6300-7800/pm on basis of Rank
- Uniform All Officers - 24000 (Initial grant) & 7500 (Every 3 Yrs)
- Hard Area All Officers posted in Hard Area as declared by Govt. - 25% of BP+GP+MSP
- House Rent To Officers not provided Govt. Accommodation - 10-30% of Basic (Pay Band+Grade Pay+MSP)
- Transport All Officers -1600-3200 (+DA thereon)
The CTC for a sub Lieutenant would be approximately Rs. 74,100/- per month(subject to revision as per 7th CPC). This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Navy provides Free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen Facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess/Club/Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Car/Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
Insurance cover of Rs. 50 lakhs (on contribution) and gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in force.
Officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year (subject to service exigencies). They are also entitled 40% rail concession to any place and free travel (as per extant rules) for self and dependents. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force.
The Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hand gliding, wind surfing etc.