Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDCs and Court Clerks
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDCs and Court Clerks:
Typing Test will be conducted for those candidates who qualify in the Computer based Written Examination (Tier-I) and Descriptive Paper (Tier-II). Such Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
- Typing Test will be of qualifying in nature. It will be administered on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency authorized by the Commission.
- Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute and those opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
- The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes. Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes.
- Passage Dictators will be provided to VH candidates for the Typewriting test. The Passage Dictator will read out the passage to VH candidate within the allotted time period. Further, Passage Dictators will be allowed for Typing Test only to those VH candidates who have taken Scribe in the written examination.
- 35 w.p.m. and 30 w.p.m. corresponds to 10500 key depressions per hour and 9000 key depressions per hour respectively.
- OH candidates who claim to be permanently unfit to take the typewriting test because of a physical disability may, with the prior approval of the Commission, be exempted from the requirement of appearing and qualifying at such test, provided such a candidate submits a Certificate in the prescribed format to the Commission from the competent Medical Authority, i.e., the Civil Surgeon declaring him/her to be permanently unfit for the Typewriting Test because of a physical disability.
- If an OH candidate who submits a Medical Certificate from the Medical Board attached to VRC for PH persons or from the Medical Board attached to Special Employment Exchange for PH persons, his/her claim for exemption from Typewriting Test would be accepted. However, if, he/she submits Medical Certificate from Civil/Orthopaedic Surgeon, his/her case would be referred to a Medical Board in a Government Hospital or Medical Board attached to
- VRC/Special Employment Exchange for PH persons for clearance.
- OH Candidates seeking exemption from Typing test on medical ground must substantiate their claim by furnishing the relevant Medical Certificate in the prescribed format as published in this Notice Annexure-VII (From II & IV) at the time of Typing Test. Otherwise their claim for seeking exemption from Typing Test will not be entertained by the Commission.
- If any candidate does not opt for any medium for typing, his option will be deemed to be for English medium.
- Only those candidates who secure at least the minimum qualifying marks in the Computer based Written Examination (Tier-I) and Descriptive Paper (Tier-II), as may be fixed by the Commission at its discretion, will be called for Typing Test. The Commission may also, at its discretion, fix the minimum qualifying marks in each component of the written examination.
- In accordance with the directions issued by DoPT vide its O.M. dated 21.06.2016 for increasing assess of the unemployed candidates to job opportunities it has been decided that after declaration of final result the Commission will make available-scores and ranking of candidates in the recruitment examination through its portal.
- Accordingly, it had been decided that apart from Roll Number-scores, ranking of the candidates in the final examination-the name of parents/husband, educational qualification, date of birth, category, sex (male/female), total marks in qualifying examination, complete address including e-mail address will be made publish after the declaration of final result.
- However, the candidates will have the option of opting out from these information to disclose publically at the time of filling up the application.
For more details regarding age limit, educational qualification, selection process and how to apply and other, click on the following link…
To view official website: Click here
Recruitment Advt & Application Form Click here