In reference to admission notice for JEE(Main) 2017 published in the news papers on 22/11/2016 regarding provision of Aadhaar at the time of filling online application for JEE(Main) 2017,
CENTRAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION
(An Autonomous Organisation under the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development,
Govt. of India)
JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION (Main) Unit,
H-149, Sector-63, Noida, District Gautam Budh Nagar – 201 309(UP).
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.jeemain.nic.in
Tel. 7042399520, 7042399521,
7042399525, 7042399526, 7042399529
Requirement of Aadhaar for the Applicants of JEE (Main) 2017
In reference to admission notice for JEE(Main) 2017 published in the news papers on 22/11/2016 regarding provision of Aadhaar at the time of filling online application for JEE(Main) 2017, following is being clarified ;
1. The use of Aadhaar for the applicants of JEE (Main) 2017 will result in accuracy of the applicants’ details.This will also help in ascertaining identities of the applicants at the examination centres in a convenient and hassle free manner. Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity.
2. The provisions of the Aadhaar Act and Regulations under the Act have come into effect from 14th September 2016 and notifications to this effect have been published in the Official Gazette. Section 57 of the Aadhaar Act 2016 permits the use of Aadhaar number for establishing the identity of an individual for any purpose pursuant to any law or any contract to this effect.
3. Accordingly, CBSE has decided to use Aadhaar for the applicants of JEE (Main) 2017, and hereby notifiesthe following:
3.1 Applicants who are in possession of Aadhaar, shall enter Aadhaar number, name, date of birth & gender in online application for JEE(Main) 2017 for the purpose of his/her identity and authentication thereof.
3.2 Applicants not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, are hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment in case he/she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of Aadhaar Act. Such applicant may visit any Aadhaar enrolment center (list available at www.uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
3.3 In order to facilitiate such applicants who are not having Aadhaar, the CBSE has specially set up facilitation centres in each city of examination for the purpose of Aadhaar enrolment. The applicants can approach such facilitation centres who will not charge any amount from any applicant for Aadhaar enrolment. The list of the facilitation centre is available on www.jeemain.nic.in. These applicants who have enrolled for Aadhaar and have not received Aadhaar should enter 28 digit Aadhaar Enrolment ID printed on the Aadhaar enrolment slip at the time of filling online application form for JEE(Main) 2017.
3.4 In case Aadhaar enrolment facility is not available at the facilitation centres, the applicants should submit a request for Aadhaar enrolment. The facilitation centre will issue a registration number to such applicants. This registration number should be entered by the applicants at the time of filling online application form for JEE(Main) 2017.
4. A Circular to all CBSE affiliated schools is being issued for the awareness of applicants regarding the requirement of Aadhaar to apply for JEE (Main) 2017.
5. The above provisions shall be applicable in all states except J&K, Assam & Meghalaya.
6. The applicants who have passed or appearing in Class XII examination from the states of J&K, Assam &
Meghalaya need to enter the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other
valid Govt. identity number provided they should select the city of examination in these states only.
Executive Director (JAB)
To view official website: Click here