Applications are invited from married/unmarried MALE Engineering Graduates for Grant of Permanent Commission in the Army. Course commencing in Jan 2017 at Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
Indian Army Technical Graduate Course- 124 Jan 2017
Read more Official Notification
124th TECHNICAL GRADUATE COURSE (TGC-124)
1. Applications are invited from married/unmarried MALE Engineering Graduates for Grant of Permanent Commission in the Army. Course commencing in Jan 2017 at Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
(a) Nationality: A candidate must either be : (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Bhutan, or (iii) A subject of Nepal, or (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
(b) Age Limit: – 20 to 27 years as on 01 Jan 2017. (Candidates born between 02 Jan 90 and 01 Jan 97, both dates inclusive).
NOTE : The date of birth entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate only is accepted by this office. No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
(c) Educational Qualification: Candidates should have passed Engineering Degree or be in the final year of Engineering Degree course. The candidates in the final year of Degree Course should complete all their examinations related to the degree, prior to 01 Jan 2017. They should be able to produce the Engineering Degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at IMA. Such candidates will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at IMA as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite Degree Certificate within the specified time.
Important Note:- Candidates must note that the minimum educational qualification for induction into TGC-124 is BE/B.Tech degree in the Engineering streams notified below. Therefore, to become eligible for induction into TGC-124 course, candidates studying in final year of engineering must complete all the formalities including written, practicals, projects, backlogs, viva voce, etc for award of qualifying BE/B.Tech degree before 01 Jan 2017 failing which their candidature is liable to be cancelled.
3. Discipline wise vacancies are as given below :-
|Engineering Streams||Equivalent Stream (AICTE Appd)||Vacancies|
|Civil||Civil Engg, Civil Engg(Structural Engg), Structural Engg||11|
|Mechanical||Mechanical Engg, Mechanical (Mechatronics) Engg, Mechanical & Automation Engg||04|
|Electrical/Electrical & Electronics||Electrical Engg, Electrical Engg (Electronics & Power), Power System Engg, Electrical & Electronics Engg||05|
|Computer Sc & Engg/Computer Technology/Info Tech/M.Sc (Computer Sc)||Computer Engg, Computer Science, Computer Science Engg, Computer Science & Engg, Information Science & Engg||06|
|Electronics & Telecommunication/Tel ecommunication/Electro nics & Communication/ Satellite Communication||Electronics & Telecommunication Engg, Telecommunication Engg, Electronics & Communication Engg, Electronics & Electrical Communication Engg||06|
|Electronics||Power Electronics & Drives||02|
|Metallurgical||Metallurgical Engg, Metallurgy & Material Technology, Metallurgy & Material Engg, Metallurgy & Engg & Material Science, Metallurgy and Explosives||02|
|Electronics & Instrumentation/Instrum entation||
Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engg, Electronics & Instrumentation Engg, Electronics & Instrumentation & Control Engg,, Instrumentation & Control Engg, Instrumentation Technology
|Micro Electronics & Microwave||02|
NOTE 1 : These vacancies are tentative and may be changed depending on availability of training slots.
NOTE- 2 : In case the engineering stream of the candidate is not listed above and candidates desire to claim equivalence, they may produce equivalence certificate of the concerned universities for the purpose.
4. TYPE OF COMMISSION:
(a) Grant of Commission: Selected candidates will be granted Short Service Commission on probation in the rank of Lt from the date of commencement of the course or the date of reporting at IMA, whichever is later and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lt during training period. Pay & allowances will be paid after successful completion of training.
(b) Permanent Commission: On successful completion of training cadets will be granted Permanent Commission in the Army in the rank of Lt.
(c) Ante Date Seniority: One year ante date seniority from the date of commission will be granted to Engineering Graduates of TGC Entry.
5. TRAINING: Duration of training is one year:
(a) Selected candidates will be detailed for training at Indian Military Academy, Dehradun according to their position in the final order of merit up to the number of vacancies available in each stream.
(b) Candidates are neither be allowed to marry during the period of training nor he be allowed to live with parents/Guardians. A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the government. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his application, though successful, will not be selected for training.
(c) Cost of Training:- The entire cost of training is at Government expense. In case the GC is withdrawn from training academy due to reasons other than Medical ground or the reasons not beyond his control, he will be liable to refund cost of training @ Rs. 8785/ -per week (or as notified from time to time) for the period of his stay at Indian Military Academy.
(d) Army Group Insurance Fund. The Gentlemen Cadets of IMA in receipt of stipend are insured for Rs. 60 lac.
6. The Final allocation of Arms/Services will be made prior to passing out of gentleman cadets from IMA.
See also :
See also :
7. PAY AND ALLOWANCES: The candidates will be given a stipend of Rs. 21,000/- p.m.(Rs 15,600/- as pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay of Rs.5,400/-). On completion of training they will be commissioned in the rank of Lt and entitled to pay as admissible to the rank. Army also provides free medical facilities for self & dependents, canteen facilities, entitled ration, Mess/Club/Sports facilities, furnished govt.accommodation, car/housing loan at subsidized rate. For details of pay and allowances and facilities visit website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
8. HOW TO APPLY: (a) Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Click on “Officers Entry Apply/Login” and then click ‘Registration’. Fill the online Registration form after reading the instructions carefully. After getting registered, click on “Apply Online”. A page “Officers Selection- Eligibility” will open. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Technical Graduate Course. A page ‘Application form’ will open. Read the instruction carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments- Personal information, Communications details, Education details and details of previous SSB. “Save & Continue” each time before you go to the next segment. After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page “Summary of your information” where in you can check and edit the entries already made. Then click on “Submit Now” only after carefully ascertaining that the correct details have been filled in. After submitting, click on “PDF” and take two copies of the application form having Roll No and other details generated by the System.
NOTE: Details once submitted will NOT be changed under any circumstance, and NO representation in this regard shall be entertained.
(b) Documents to be carried to the Selection Centre by the candidate:-
- (i) One copy of the Print out of application duly signed and affixed with photograph self attested by the candidate.
- (ii) Self attested copy of Matriculation or equivalent certificate for age proof.
- (iii) Self attested copy of 12th Class Certificate & Marksheet.
- (iv) Self attested copy of Engineering Degree/Provisional Degree
- (v) Self attested copy of Mark sheets of all Semesters
- (vi) Certificate from the Principal/Head of the Institution stating that the candidate is in final year and all exams in respect of the candidate will be over by 01 Jan 2017, (for final year candidates).
- (vii) All certificates in original. Originals will be returned after verification at the Service Selection Board itself.
(c) Any candidate who does not carry these entire documents for the SSB interview, his candidature will be cancelled.
(d) The second copy of the printout of online application is to be retained by the candidate for his reference. No need to send any hard copy to DG Recruiting.
(e) Candidates must submit only one online application. Receipt of multiple applications from the same candidate will result in cancellation of candidature, and no representation will be entertained in this regard.
ONLINE APPLICATION WILL OPEN ON 09 MAY 2016 AT 1000 HRS AND WILL BE CLOSED ON 08 JUN 2016 AT 1700 HRS.
9. SELECTION PROCEDURE: The selection procedure is as follows:-
(a) Short listing of Applications. Integrated HQ of MoD(Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks for each Engineering discipline/stream without assigning any reason .
(b) Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cutoff percentage will be interviewed at Selection Centres, Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP) and Bangalore (Karnataka) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer. Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued by the respective Selection Centres, through candidate’s registered e-mail id and through SMS only. Candidates will not be interviewed locally. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of DG Rtg, IHQ MoD (Army) and NO request for changes are entertained in this regard.
(c) SSB Interviews will be held from Jul/Aug 2016 onwards.
(d) Candidates will put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in Stage I will be returned on the same date. Duration of SSB interviews is five days excluding day of arrival and details of the same are available at official website of Rtg Dte www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
10. PHYSICAL STANDARD
(a) Candidates must be physically fit according to the prescribed physical standards. The guidelines for the same are available at official website of Dte Gen Recruiting www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
(b) Tattoo Policy: For details on the Tattoo policy, please visit our website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
11. MEDICAL EXAMINATION: A candidate recommended by the Services Selection Board will undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical officers. Only those candidates will be admitted to the academy who are declared fit by the Medical board. The details for the same are available at official website of Directorate General Recruiting www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
12. MERIT LIST : IT IS TO BE NOTED THAT MERE QUALIFYING AT THE SSB INTERVIEW DOES NOT CONFIRM FINAL SELECTION. MERIT LIST WILL BE PREPARED ENGINEERING STREAM/SUBJECT WISE ON THE BASIS OF THE MARKS OBTAINED BY THE CANDIDATE AT SSB INTERVIEW. HIGHER EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, PREVIOUS PERFORMANCES, NCC BACKGROUND, ETC HAVE NO ROLE TO PLAY. THOSE IN THE MERIT LIST AND WHO COME WITHIN THE STIPULATED STREAM WISE VACANCIES, AND ARE MEDICALLY FIT ARE ISSUED JOINING LETTERS FOR PRE-COMMISSIONING TRAINING AT IMA.
The merit list of the recommended candidates will be displayed at the reception of DG Recruiting and its website i.e.www.joinindianarmy.nic.in by 1st week of Dec 2016, after completion of all formalities related to the entry.
13. CHANGE OF INTERVIEW DATES: Request for change of SSB Interview date/centre will NOT be entertained. However, under most unavoidable circumstances, such change may be considered based on the circumstances of the case. This will be an exception rather than the rule. Request for such change should be forwarded to Selection Centre from where the call-up letter for SSB interview has been received and NOT to Directorate General Recruiting. Contact details of Selection Centres are available on our website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in,
14.ENTITLEMENT FOR TRAVELLING ALLOWANCE: Candidates appearing for SSB interview for the first time for a particular type of commission shall be entitled for AC-III Tier to and fro Railway fare or Bus fare including reservation cum sleeper charges within the Indian limit. Candidates who apply again for the same type of commission will NOT be entitled to travelling allowance on any subsequent occasion.
15. On joining the Army, some of personal restrictions in service will be imposed in accordance with Article 33 of the Constitution of India as promulgated in the Army Act and Army Rules from time to time.
NOTE 1: Any ambiguity / false information/ concealment of information detected in the certificates/ documents will result in cancellation of the candidature at any stage of selection.
NOTE 2: For all queries regarding allotment of centres, date of interview, merit list, joining instructions and any other relevant information please visit our website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in, or contact Tele No. (011) 26173215 (between 2PM to 5PM Monday to Friday). Address:- Directorate General of Recruiting, AG’s Branch, IHQ MoD (Army), West Block-III, R.K.Puram, New Delhi-110066.
ONLINE APPLICATION WILL OPEN ON 09 MAY 2016 AT 1000 HRS AND WILL BE CLOSED ON 08 JUNE 2016 AT 1700 HRS