Indian Army Dental Corps as Short Service Commission Officer 2016: Selection Process
Indian Army Dental Corps as Short Service Commission Officer 2016
JOIN ARMY DENTAL CORPS
AS SHORT SERVICE COMMISSIONED OFFICER FOR A PROMISING & CHALLENGING CAREER: 2016
LAST DATE FOR RECIEPT OF APPLICATIONS IS 20 July 2016Selection Process :
17. Selection procedure shall be as follows:-
(a) Screening for Calling for Interview: Candidates for interview are shortlisted on the basis of the marks scored in the All India Post Graduate Dental Entrance Examination (AIPGDEE)-2016, conducted by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, through All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). The list formulated will be utilized for screening of candidates in the ratio of 1:10 to be called for interview, i.e. for each advertised vacancy ten candidates will be called for interview.
(b) Interview: Shortlisted candidates will be called to appear for interview before a duly constituted Selection Board, at New Delhi to assess their suitability & merit for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Army Dental Corps. The final merit list for Grant of SSC for all candidates who have appeared for the interview will be based on the performance in the interview alone. The candidates who qualify in the interview will be subjected to Medical Examination.
(c) Medical Examination: All the candidates who are provisionally placed on the merit list will have to undergo a detailed medical examination for ascertaining their medical fitness. The decision of the Medical Board will be final.
PHYSICAL & MEDICAL STANDARD
18. Medical Examination is a mandatory requirement for all candidates. Every candidate on being qualified, in the interview will have to undergo a Medical Examination by a duly constituted Medical Board of AFMS for ascertaining their medical fitness as per laid down medical standard for commissioning. For reference of the candidates, the medical parameters are available at www.indianarmy.nic.in and same is placed at Appx-B’. Only candidates declared medically fit will be eligible for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Army Dental Corps. In the event of a candidate/ candidates being declared medically unfit by the Special Medical Board (SMB), the President of the Special Medical Board will intimate the same & the procedure for requesting for Appeal Medical Board (AMB) to the candidate/candidates. Unfit candidates should report for AMB within maximum period of 42 days from the day of the SMB. Candidates are advised in their own interest to appear for AMB well in time and should not wait for the last day given by the SMB. The Candidates are advised to note that this office has no role in Appeal Medical Boards (AMB) and the procedure as advised by the medical authorities is strictly adhered to. Candidates declared UNFIT by the AMB will be intimated by the President, Appeal Medical Board about the procedure to challenge the findings of AMB. Candidates are intimated that the Review Medical Board (RMB) will be granted at the discretion of DGAFMS based on the merit of case & that RMB is not a matter of right. Candidates will be considered Medically Fit only on receipt of approved medical documents.
19. It may be noted that merely qualifying at the interview does not confirm final selection. A merit list is prepared purely on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the interview only. The candidates high in merit and figuring within the stipulated vacancies & are Medically Fit are offered letters for commissioning as SSC AD Corps Officers.
20. Candidates are expected to conduct themselves in a befitting manner. Any candidate found obstructing or trying to influence the commissioning process in an unlawful manner shall be liable for disqualification. Canvassing directly or indirectly will disqualify the candidates for commission. The decision taken by the authorities in this respect shall be final & binding.
21. The Civilian Dental surgeons on commissioning in AD Corps will be granted rank of Capt in the pay scale, PB-3 (15600-39100). They will be entitled to Grade Pay of Rs. 6100/- Military Service Pay (MSP) of Rs. 6000/-, Non Practicing Allowance (NPA) at the rate of 25% of Basic Pay + Grade pay + MSP and Dearness Allowance as admissible. In addition, entitled free rations, subsidized accommodation and allied facilities shall be provided. MDS degree holders will be eligible for PG allowance of Rs. 1500/- p.m. or Specialist pay after undergoing the laid down procedure. In addition, officers are entitled to 60 days Annual Leave & 20 days‟ Casual leave in a year, LTC, free Medical facilities for self and family including dependent parents, Group Insurance 60 lacs & Canteen Stores Depot (CSD) facility etc. as per existing rules. The present emoluments are subject to revision, in accordance with the implementation orders of the 7th Pay Commission
22. SSC officers are commissioned as Capt on entry & are eligible for promotions up to the rank of Major (or Equivalent in Navy & Air Force) after four years & six months of service & Lt Col (or Equivalent in Navy & Air Force) after eleven years & six months of service. Candidates who hold three years MDS Degree will be eligible for three years antedate seniority as per rules. They will be promoted to the rank of Substantive Major on completion of One year & Six Months of service. Permanent Commission (PC) officers are eligible for time scale promotion up to the rank of Col (TS), thereafter up to the rank of Lt Gen by selection.
23. The tenure of SSC Officers is 05 years, extendable by another 09 years in two spells, first of 05 years and second of 04 years (Total SSC tenure 14 years) for those who are willing to continue, subject to availability of vacancies & meeting the laid down eligibility criteria for extension as per extant policy guidelines.
DEPARTMENTAL PERMANENT COMMISSION (DPC)
24. On completion of 2 years of service as SSC officer, they are eligible to apply for limited number of vacancies available for Departmental Permanent Commission (DPC) provided they have not attained the age of 30 years (for BDS candidates) and 35 years (for MDS candidates) on 31 Dec of the year of application for DPC as per extant policy guidelines.
25. In Service Professional career enhancement through PG Courses is applicable for Permanent Commissioned (PC) officers as per extant Training Rules. In addition SSC Officers after proceeding on release are eligible for PG seats in service institutions as per extant Training Rules & GOI/MoD Regulations on the subject.
26. Candidates are entitled “To and Fro” second class railway fare by Mail/Express train or actual cost of bus fare if mode of travel is by bus and DA at prescribed rates for the days of halt at Delhi. Candidates appearing for the second or subsequent time are not eligible for the above entitlement.